Honey is widely used since ages and other than treated as a placebo for sweeteners it is used in many different ways as well. Because there are loads of benefits of using honey it is used in cooking, skin care, and many other daily activities. There are lots of benefits hidden under the sweet taste and tempting aroma of honey. Honey is not just sugar, it is loaded with much more than just a sweet taste.
Here are few of the benefits of using honey:
- There are enormous health benefits of using honey. Honey protect our body from cancer and heart diseases. Since honey is loaded with flavonoids and antioxidants which tend to shield our body against the harm of free radicals which can otherwise cause cancer and various heart diseases.
- There is a built-in anti-microbial activity inside honey which helps to treat the gastric ulcer and other bacterial condition.
- On ingestion, honey can increase the glycogen level. This benefit of using honey can be tested when it is consumed before a workout. You will see that upon consumption of honey you will feel more energetic. it is kind of instant energy booster.
- Honey is been used since ages to treat a cough. It still possesses the same benefit. Trust me it is way better than cough syrups.
- In spite of been regarded as a sweetener, honey is not like white sugar or any other artificial sweetener. Honey possess the property of having a low glycaemic index, which helps to regulate blood sugar.
- Due to its antibacterial effect, there are lots of benefits of using honey on skin, and when it is combined with other skin-protecting ingredients it can provide a nourishing and moisturizing effect. This will bring a natural glow to your skin.
- Since past thousands of years, direct application of honey is done over burns and wounds. Honey possesses a natural healing and antiseptic property, it tends to cure these condition.
- All due to the antibacterial effects of honey it can be used to treat a sore throat. Honey will soothe the throat along with killing the bacteria which is causing infection.
- Surprisingly, honey can also help you to get rid of a sleeping problem. Honey, when mixed with milk and consumed, can help you to relax which can induce sleep.
- Honey can also boost memory. Now we are well aware of the fact that honey contains antioxidants. It is also good to know that these antioxidants can prevent the cellular damage of the brain thereby making it healthy.
Other than boosting the immunity and help in glowing the skin, honey can also help you to get rid of dandruff. Diluting the honey with water and applying it on the scalp can help you to get rid of itching, hair fall.
Honey is widely used for thousands of years due to its unique properties. If you don’t use honey much, I hope upon reading the enlisted benefits of using honey you will start consuming it and will happily avail the enormous benefits of honey.